Monday, May 10, 2010

Pedicures of the Undead

Saturday was a big day. Not only did Shelby, Patricia and I go get pedicures ($25- $2 less than an adult pedicure- to wash and paint a preschooler's feet??? We probably won't be back to Star Nails.), Dustin finally got to take his grandfather to the WWII museum. They said it was amazing, especially the 4D movie, directed by Tom Hanks. I can't wait to see it for myself.

After all the polish was applied and rationing relived, Dustin and I got all pretty and went to the Barely Rotten Girls calendar release party at The Bar in Kenner. We had a blast! I love a good, dark, dingy bar. If that bar serves cheap PBR, I feel like I'm home. The heavy metal wasn't really my cup of Pabst, but it wasn't bad. And it was nice to meet the BRGs in person. There was a screening of the short film they filmed at the Mortuary, but I couldn't really see it over the crowd. Coming from Mass Casualty, I have no doubt it was deliciously macabre. We were able to get our calendar and limited edition poster, and have a great time.

When the film was over and people started to trickle out, a few of us decided to head down to the Quarter in honor of one of our friend's 21st birthday. We had a slice at our old pizza place, Vieux Carre pizza and then went to Pat O's for drinks. They were ridiculously packed. It seems that this weekend was a big one for reunions and weddings (and a few prom kids trying out their fake ID's), and everyone wanted a hurricane. After hanging out for a while, it was suggested we go to the Gold Mine. I'd never been, so it was nice to take a walk to a new place.

There were concert posters all over, most from before my time, black lights and Boomerang playing on all the flat screens. The music selection was good, and we spent the night dancing our butts and watching the Jetsons. To see everyone loosen up and have fun was a real treat.

We stayed out longer than we'd planned- we were going to try to go home on time to catch Saturday Night Live. But that's what DVR is for, so I didn't miss out on the Betty White goodness. A little delayed SNL gratification was worth our night on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment