Monday, November 2, 2009

The Time Has Come!

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of other things- of U-Hauls, gas and Speedy Pass, of boxes and of bling.

Well. Maybe bling has nothing to do with it. But I like the word. Whatever sort of Wonderland rhyme is attempted, the time has truly come! Tomorrow we'll be picking up the U-Haul (big drama- they are idiots- don't even ask) and a few friends of Dustin's are coming to load the truck. We'll sleep one last night on our bed sans-frame (we'll have loaded the TV's and taken back the cable boxes... I guess we'll just have to sit around and look at each other) and then head out bright and early Wednesday morning!

Yesterday was the first time I actually got a little scared. Like "Oh my gosh.... what are we doing!" freaked out. But it soon passed. I know it will be much better once we get all settled in. I'm focusing on the good things- Dustin working less. Living in a less stressful, more laid back atmosphere. Picnics. I plan on doing lots of picnics. At the river, at the lake, at the park. Picnics everywhere.

So this will be my last post as a Texan. The next time you hear of me, I'll be in New Orleans! Until then, wishing Abita wishes and beignet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment