Friday, December 11, 2009

Just Out & About

Last night on a whim, we decided to go to the mall. Even in Beaumont, with the mall less than 10 minutes away from our house, we hardly ever went. But with all the shopping cheer out there, we decided to give it a look. Last week I went to a huge mall (complete with three-story Macy's and Dillards- I know, Shelby made me ride the escelators several times), Lakeside Shopping Center, with our next door neighbor. But after driving around some, I couldn't find it again. (How we missed it, I'll never know.) We ended up going to the smaller Clearview Mall which has a monterous Target. It's two stories, with an escelator and seperate little escalators for the baskets. It was very cool. Other than the Super Targe', there were several standard shops and a nice AMC movie theatre. While I didn't get to the stores I was hoping to visit, we did load up on soap at Bath & Body Works and find out where to catch the Princess and the Frog when it comes out.

After shopping for a while, it was time to grab some grub and go to bed. We stopped at China Orchid and Dustin ran in so us girls didn't have to get out in the frigid air. We'vce ordered take out from there once before, and the food was great. I usually get sweet and sour chicken anywhere we go, and it's what I've gotten both times, each time with white meat. The first time it was awesome- a huge chicken breast, fried and sliced on a bed of vegetable chunks with plenty of shrimp fried rice and an eggroll. Last night, even though I ordered white meat, they gave me dark. An easy mistake, but dark meat comes with more fat and gristle and that makes me gag, so needless to say, I wasn't impressed. The dinners cost more but don't come with eggrolls, so it was more expensive, too. Dustin's General Tso's was great, just like last time. The girl who took Dustin's order and his cash was rude, but other than the chicken mishap, while a major issue for me, the food wasn't bad. To be honest, though, if we hadn't had a previous good experience, I probably wouldn't go back. Nothing personal. There are just plenty of Koi in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment