Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Simple is Good

Yesterday Dustin spent the day running errands solo. When he was finished he had only two hours before he had to be at work, so in the interest of speedy eats he brought home two shrimp po-boys from Guy's Po-boys. It was a good choice.

I've never eaten anything from Guy's, but now I'm glad I have. The menu is simple: po-boys and potato salad or fries. They only do a little, but they do it very well. It took a little longer than he thought to get his order, but that's just because he watched them get fresh shrimp from the cooler and fry them up right then, as they do with every order. The sandwiches were huge! Over a foot. There were plenty of crunchy shrimp in 'em, too. Dustin had them dressed, although when you get it dressed at Guy's that means Crystal hotsauce, so mine just had lettuce, tomato, pickles and mayo (since shelby and I share). I was a little bummed, as Crystal is the only hot sauce (or really, the only source of heat) I like, and I do like it so. And we were out at the house. But the sandwich was no less super. The po-boys are $10 a piece, and while they don't offer my favorite, oyster- they're worth it.

Just another little local treasure discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment