Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things, They Are A'Changin'

Wow. It is so crazy to look around our house and see bare walls and empty shelves. It's also hard to believe that it's been less than a year since the house looked like this as we were moving in. When we bought this house, we researched carefully, picked paint and flooring lovingly, and fully intended to live in this house for many, many years to come. But, if you want to make God laugh, tell him you plans, right? I love this house, and I'm gonna miss it. We'll be moving out on November 4, one year ago to the day that we moved in. It was Election Day, so if you don't like the State of the Union, don't blame me, I didn't get a say (I was all pumped to vote for the first time, but I missed the early elections and couldn't leave the movers to their own devices to go cast my ballot. Oops).

Everything is such a wreck right now. More so than usual. I don't understand how we can have so much packed, and yet still have enough crap out to have a mess all over the place. It makes me feel itchy. And defeated. Where is all the hard work? I've worked on Shelby's room for two days, and the floor is covered in crap. Granted, it's rugs and blankets and clothes that need to be put in the hamper, and a few books and toys I'm letting her keep out until the move. Everything is out of her toy boxes, off of her walls and the top of her closet is bare. Nothing left but the dollhouses, the Cherry Blossom Market (which needs to be dismantled) and a huge bag of books that has yet to be sorted for keeping, much less packed. And of course clothes, lots of clothes. There's a similar situation in our bedroom, nothing but clothes left.

I realize, as I read over this, that it is incredibly boring. But I suppose that's half the reason of moving- to make life more interesting, and to have more to talk about than what happened on Toot & Puddle today.

If you're so inclined, stay with me. Hopefully you'll witness the evolution. From cartoon od-ing SAHM to hip city dweller. With pictures.

It's gonna be great. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment